These Blueberry Walnut Biscuits are the perfect healthy treat. With Mother’s Day coming up, they make an incredible breakfast or brunch addition, or snack on-the-go. Plus they are naturally sweetened, full of healthy fats and just the perfect texture.
The blueberries burst with juicy flavour and the nuts are so naturally sweet, you won’t believe there is no sugar added. Plus they are gluten-free and taste very similar to a blueberry crumble.
Blueberries are high in an important anti-oxidant compound called resveratrol; the same compound found in red wine grapes. This makes blueberries the perfect choice when it comes to preventing premature aging, protecting against heart disease, boosting brain function and preventing degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s. Blueberries are also amazing at promoting healthy skin, helping with weightloss and aiding in digestion with soluble and insoluble fibre.
Beautiful blueberries are in season in the summer so take advantage of this nutrient-dense superfood with these delicious, wholesome Blueberry Walnut Biscuits.
Blueberry Walnut Biscuits
Makes 6 biscuits
1 medium banana
2 tbsp almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp oil (coconut, grapeseed or ghee)
1/4 tsp of baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp almond flour
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup walnuts pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana. Add the egg, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon and oil (melted, if using coconut or ghee). Stir to combine.
- To the bowl, add baking soda, salt, oats and flour. Stir well to combine.
- Add the walnut pieces and blueberries and mix a few times until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out about 2.5 tablespoons per biscuit. You will get 6 biscuits.
- Press the biscuits down gently with a slightly damp hand until they are about 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 15min or until golden brown on the bottom.